Thanksgiving conjures up images of fall colors, Pilgrim-themed decor, and, of course, turkey and mashed potatoes, and not to forget the vacation rentals for the quintessential family holiday. However, it is no surprise that planning the annual feast is a huge undertaking.
Thanksgiving day has tradition written all over it. But it’s high time we spruce it up a bit. So why not flip the script and throw a subtropical Thanksgiving on the beach with no roast turkey or mashed potatoes in sight?
How to host Thanksgiving Dinner by the Beach
From decor to the color scheme, from food to music, bring the coastal vibes to your beach house. Some coastal decoration on beautiful coastal Thanksgiving tables would be an excellent way to start your beach Thanksgiving decor.
Here are some more Thanksgiving table decor ideas that would make your Black Friday holiday a massive success:
1. Aesthetics with a Coastal Flair
Thanksgiving table setting is the beginning of your feast. Adding coastal-inspired elements to your table is an easy way to bring the beach to your Thanksgiving celebration. Soft, beachy colors, nautical touches, and a fresh, laid-back feel are all on the menu to give a twist to the traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
A table runner depicting coastal fall, some coastal pumpkin decor as the centerpiece, and things like seashells, sand, and starfish would bring the coast on the table. Finally, add finishing touches to your coastal decor with a nice fire pit to keep everyone warm and toasty.
2. Seafood-Inspired Dishes
Roast turkey and mashed potatoes are the usual highlights of a traditional Thanksgiving celebration with family and friends. But, allow something tasty from the sea to take center stage this year.
Dips, sides, and even a delicious dessert inspired by your favorite destination — the beach — will round out your Thanksgiving meals. Try these recipes to add a pinch of newness to your Thanksgiving feast:
- Lemon Panko Crusted Salmon: this year, instead of a huge turkey, consider some crusted salmon as your entrée. It’s a crowd-pleaser that’s lighter, easier to prepare, and delicious. This salmon dish is still great with many of our classic Thanksgiving sides (including mashed potatoes, green beans, and stuffing), and can be used all year.
- Crab Dip: the warm, rich flavor of crab dip is one of its greatest qualities. Also, this dip can be relished all year long.
- Seafood Paella: It is a delicious dish that is both comforting and savory, as well as filling and entertaining to prepare. It also allows you to use fresh shrimp from the area!
- Spicy Baked Shrimp Po’Boy Dip: If you have a shrimp fan in your group, they’ll adore this take on a Po’Boy. Serve with zingy veggies like celery or carrots in a breakfast burrito. It’s also delicious and dipped in crisp slices of baked bread.
- Bouillabaisse: It is a popular Provençal fish stew that comes from Marseille, France’s port city. Mussels, white fish, scallops, and shrimp are among the ingredients in this dish. The spices and herbs that are typically added to give this stew a more nuanced taste characteristic are the key to this stew’s success.
- Atlantic Beach Pie: A delicious dessert that originated in North Carolina. This pie dish has a lemon custard filling, and whipped cream topping is snuggled beneath a distinctive saltine cracker crumb shell.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake With Bourbon Sauce: This pumpkin cheesecake has all of the creaminess and fulfilling characteristics of a conventional cheesecake, plus the nutty flavor and sweet touch of bourbon and pumpkin, making it something extraordinary on the coastal thanksgiving tables.
- Pear and Cranberry Tart: This Pear and Cranberry Tart is surprisingly simple to prepare at the last minute. The finest aspect is that it mixes the delicious flavor of pears with the classic cranberry flavor. The nicest part about this dish is that it screams to be topped with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Needs more inspiration? Check out this blog post by Costal Wondering and get 22 Thanksgiving Seafood Recipes for a Coastal Feast.
Easy Handmade Gifts for All
When it comes to holiday decorating, kids are excellent “assistants.” Engage the kids with simple activities like decorating your beach table for the holidays or giving gifts to the guests.
Blend in with a Coastal Outfit
Some pastel shades, a cute light dress or skirt, paired with a matching top, and jewelry are perfect for a beachy Thanksgiving. Instead of going for high heels, try wearing sneakers or flats that make walking in the sand easier.
Some Tips for “Shore” Shot Success
A beach is an unpredictable place to host Thanksgiving. But here are some tips that might come in handy for your epic holiday season:-
- Before traveling to the beach, check the weather prediction, as it might vary by the hour.
- Have a rainy-day strategy in place, and bring some warm sweaters and blankets in case the temperature lowers, or the wind comes up just as you get at the beach.
- We’re fortunate to have a variety of beaches to choose from, with easy access and parking to the majority of them. Pick a spot with all the requisite facilities..
- Don’t overspend. The holiday season delivers a plethora of special offers, especially on Black Friday.
Time for the Best Thanksgiving Feast Ever!
Whether you go all out or keep it simple, there’s something for everyone. The key is to have a good time and enjoy your time with family and friends. After all, that’s what Thanksgiving is all about. Who wouldn’t be grateful for stress-free sundown and a view of the sea while breaking bread at the Thanksgiving table?
Sea you next post!