Sandal season has arrived, and with it, the perfect opportunity to accessorize your ankles with something amazing. Anklets, one of the most iconic trends of the 90s, are back in a big way. Anklets have made appearances on and off the runway and have quickly become a fashionista favorite. Whether you’re throwing on a swimsuit and shorts for a day at the beach or stepping into some heels for a night on the town, anklets will be your best friend this season.
What are some tips to ensure you get the look right? Read on to find out.
1. Combine the anklet trend with the pearl trend: Anklets and pearls, oh my! Think of this pretty pairing as the power couple of your summer wardrobe. Pearls are one of our favorite looks this season, so donning an anklet with these luminous treasures of the sea is a simple way to jazz up your style. Get the look with our Pearl & Aqua Crystal Dolphin Bead Swarovski® Crystals. It’s the ideal addition to any existing anklet.
2. Layer anklets for a striking look: Sometimes, more really is more, and as far as we’re concerned, two anklets are better than one. Draw attention to the curves of your calves and feet by combining two of these pieces on one ankle. You’ll increase the sparkle, maximize the shine, and accelerate your style. The good news is that all of our anklets complement each other and look outstanding when worn together. For a striking seaside look, we love our Wave Anklet With Aqua Swarovski® Crystalsalongside our Anchor Anklet with Aqua Swarovski® Crystals. Heading out for the night? Try our Sand Dollar Anklet with Clear Swarovski® Crystals with our Turtle Anklet with Clear Swarovski® Crystals for a shimmering surprise that’ll capture the attentions of those around you.
3. Let your personality shine through: All of our jewelry is made with the goal of meaningful self-expression in mind. Our anklets are no exception and, due to our large selection, you’re sure to find an anklet that suits your unique style. We believe that jewelry should be an extension of who you are. If you love the ocean and want to cherish your connection to it, our ocean-inspired anklets will allow you to keep a piece of the sea and its magic with you always.
4. Wear your anklets year round: Just because the days of summer will eventually turn cooler doesn’t mean you’ll have to retire your anklet. You can proudly wear your anklet regardless of the season. Wear over socks or tights, along with jeans or heels— whatever the occasion or the weather, your anklet will continue to shine. Wear your anklet as you lounge around the house, or even if you’re the only one that knows it’s there. It will make you feel special and connected to one of the things you love most. You can also wear your anklet as a bracelet depending on the mood you’re in.
5. Make your anklet your own: We love anklets that are bursting with personality. We suggest using some of our beads to make your anklet more beautiful. Layering anklets is also a trend now, so you can combine different pieces to make a statement that’s completely unique. Charms and beads are always a good investment because they’re so versatile. Whether dangling on an anklet or swinging from a necklace, charms can be swapped and repurposed however you’d like.
Ready to shine on the sand or sidewalk this summer? It’s time to get an anklet. Browse our anklet collection here.