The world has undergone some dramatic changes over the past couple of months. Our movements have been restricted, many of our beloved activities halted, and a sense of fear and uncertainty pervades much of society. Most of us haven’t experienced anything like this in our lifetimes, and it’s easy to feel anxious and lost during this chaotic time.
One thing that has really been helping us to better cope with the situation is meditation. We’re big believers in the power of the mind, and now is the ideal time to harness that power to give yourself a welcome sojourn from reality.
So, why meditate?
The list is long when it comes to why meditation is so beneficial for us. However, a few of the reasons why this practice is even more relevant during today’s pandemic crisis are below.
Meditation reduces stress and helps control anxiety: There have been numerous studies published showing the success of meditation in people with anxiety. In one study, a meditation style called mindfulness meditation was shown to reduce our body’s inflammatory response to stress hormones. Less stress means less anxiety, and that’s something we can all benefit from—especially right now.
Meditation can help support healthy immune function: One study concluded that even a short program in mindfulness meditation “produces demonstrable effects on brain and immune function” and suggested that “meditation may change brain and immune function in positive ways.”
Meditation improves sleep: In a study on mindfulness meditation for the treatment of insomnia, it was found that participants who practiced meditation fell asleep faster and stayed asleep for longer periods of time vs. participants who didn’t meditate at all.
Meditation can be done anywhere: One of the benefits of meditation is that you don’t need a lot of space or specific conditions to do it. You can enjoy meditation wherever you are! So just because we can’t leave the house, doesn’t mean we can’t be transported to a relaxing new world within our minds.
Ocean meditation music:
We find beaches to be places of tranquility and joy. From the crashing waves and the sounds of the seagulls to the feeling of soft sand on our feet and warm sunshine on our back. While we may not all be able to visit the beach right now, we can still go to the beach—in our minds.
These are some of our favorite songs for our meditation rituals, and they remind us of the perfect day at the beach.
- If you love the soothing sound of ocean waves, you’ll love this song. Its 2 ½ hours of beachy goodness, and with over 7 million views, we know were not alone in appreciating this joyous sound. Keep the spirit of calming ocean waves with you even after your meditation has concluded with our stunning ocean wave jewelry.
- This song is reminiscent of a tropical beach getaway. With soft waves gliding across the shoreline and faraway birdsong, you’ll be transported to a sanctuary of calm. You can almost taste the pina coladas…
- For those looking for a song a bit more musical, you may enjoy the happy, comforting rhythms or Kirk Gairs’ Ocean Dreams Lullaby.
- This song reminds us of a hidden beach, surrounded by lush greenery. Maybe located somewhere in the rainforest. It’s incredibly relaxing and would no doubt make a fantastic addition to your meditation playlist.
- We love dolphins and whales (and all ocean creatures), and we can therefore appreciate this track, which uses the sounds of these two beloved sea mammals to help us unwind. Dolphin sounds have been said to have a positive impact on our brain health and when coupled with meditation, we can only expect great results. If you love dolphins as much as we do, why not browse our range of dolphin jewelry and keep this special mammal close to you at all times?
Are you ready to take a vacation within the comfort of your own home? Discover the benefits that meditation can offer you and get started with the selection of serene ocean sounds above! For more ocean inspiration, be sure to check out the rest of our blog!